Communicating with impact: master public speaking with confidence and style
A day of practical presentation exercises and coaching to improve voice, posture, language and confidence
This course is a stimulating and practical day in the company of an inspiring presentation skills coach. You will build presence, confidence and authority through practical voice projection exercises and body language workshops. You will develop new-found confidence in public speaking and the ability to captivate an audience. Download a full course prospectus.
Voice and body language
This module is a series of 100% practical, hands-on exercises designed to unlock your confidence and creativity for public speaking.
- Seeing ourselves as others see us: posture, breathing and voice
- Tone and quality of voice
- Practical vocal warm-up exercises
- How to overcome stress and nerves
- Hearing ourselves as others hear us: a dynamic journey into the world of speech
- Framing the presentation: opening and closing techniques
In this module you will practice delivering short presentations on your own topic and benefit from expert coaching and feedback.
Expect an active and confidence-building day of coaching and fun workshops with an inspiring presentation coach. You will not have to sit through long lectures or presentations – this course uses active learning to help you internalise the topic and apply it in the real world. Pinnacle presentation courses are fun! People learn best when they are enjoying themselves, and our training centres are always full of smiles and laughter. Expect a challenging, stimulating and memorable course.
After this course, you will be able to…
- Speak in public with greater confidence and authority
- Give much more effective and convincing presentations
- Overcome nerves and fear of public speaking
- Project your voice and use body language to make public presentations more influential and memorable
- Increase your awareness of how others see and hear you
- Engage the attention and respect of your audience
Who should attend
Core-level courses are pitched at a level to help you analyse core concepts and execute universal skills. This course is ideal for anyone who could perform better at public speaking
This course provides Advanced Professional Qualification credit, independently accredited by Edexcel. For details, download the course brochure.
“It was relaxed and supportive which was good because levels of anxiety were high!” - Joe Thompson, OSCA “Interactive and practical.” - S J White, Air Partner “I liked everything about this training.” - Valerie Commelin, CNPC “It was direct, straight to the point and totally hands on.” - Yetunde Akinokun, Total “Useful hand-outs and workshops.” - Lorenzo Casarosa, Royal Institution of Naval Architects