Build a rigorous communication and PR strategy using practical step-by-step tools
A one-day intermediate course covering how to create an effective communication strategy using practical tools
This course covers the complete process of building a comprehensive communication strategy, from core concepts to development methodologies. You will learn a step-by-step system for analysing stakeholders and channels, defining goals and objectives, and presenting your strategy in a clear and practical framework.
This course comprises four modules each covering a set of key concepts and skills. Within each module, best practice and key concepts are covered off in a concise briefing, followed by a range of stimulating learning activities like team workshops, group discussions, topical case studies and role-play exercises. This is not an academic course – you will not be dealing with abstract concepts and communication theory or management consultancy mumbo-jumbo. It is a highly practical, vocational, “how-to” programme based around real-world tools, checklists and processes that will be immediately useful to you back in your day job.
1) Principles and essentials of communication strategy 2) Stakeholder mapping and channel segmentation 3) Setting communication goals and objectives 4) Tactics, positioning and bringing it all together
After this course, you will be able to…
- Analyse, map and prioritise your organisation’s stakeholders
- Select the most effective communication channels for your messages
- Conduct a communications audit and situation analysis for your organisation
- Compose effective messages and positioning for your organisation
- Define appropriate communications goals and objectives
- Bring it all together in a clear, concise, integrated communication strategy
Who should attend
This is an intermediate-level course designed for learners with existing knowledge and several years of experience in PR, marketing or communication. Learning is pitched at a level to help you develop strategic approaches and apply sophisticated techniques. It is ideal for communication professionals up to manager or director level, either agency or in-house, who may be required to create or supervise a communication strategy for their own organisation or for a client. Qualification credit This course provides Advanced Professional Qualification credit, independently accredited by Edexcel. For details, download the course brochure.